All photos on my blog are under copyright protection by either me or my friends at
Pix-O-Sphere.
Please do not take them from my blog. If you'd like to connect with me over there, then you will have access to my album. Thank you kindly.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Monday, August 24, 2009

Daily Routine

Darcy has posted the fourth week of the Not So Back to School Blog Hop, although I have already been homeschooling since the beginning of August. I shared our Curriculum, School Room, and School Pictures. This week we are all sharing our daily schedule routine. ((shudder)) I dislike schedules. They remind me of compulsory schooling. :/

I personally wake up at about 6 am so I can get in some quiet time before the kiddles wake up. Boot up the computer while getting my coffee and I begin the laundry. This is my morning time to be with our Lord and check all my online work fun.

We generally have breakfast together as a family by 8am then clean up and begin our educational time. Each child has their workbox to get into. We allow them to choose the order of their curriculum on their own, as long as it's done by 12 for lunch.

I teach at The Sarah Home Monday through Wednesday at 1pm so they get some chores done while I'm away for that hour. (So nice that it's right down the street) When I get back I check to make sure all their work is done and after that we fly by the seat of our pants for the rest of the day.

The last week of the month is a bit busy since we're publishing the current issue of Growing in Grace Magazine. This requires more time for studies for our articles and graphic design. Jess is now my co-editor and Moni is assisting by making all the signatures. We're looking forward to September's issue as we are in the middle of a remodel. You may have noticed that we altered this blog a bit by adding a Homeschool Ministry to aid low income families with homeschool needs. This coming Saturday is also going to be our annual fund raising banquet for our recovery ministry for women (and the men) so the girls are practicing their song with Miss Lucy. This trio will be singing for our Lord at this 600+ person event. I'm hoping to get a good video of them singing for next Sunday's Praise and Worship meme at GGM.

I don't have a video of our day or photos necessarily, but I'll share a random photo anyway, because I think these flowers are quite cheery! I hope you have a GREAT day!









The HomeSpun Life

↑ Grab this Headline Animator



2 kind words:

Ruthanne August 24, 2009 at 3:40 PM  

That sounds like my kind of day!

Nicki August 25, 2009 at 6:35 AM  

Great blog, and what a nice day it looks like! Sounds like you've got a great plan.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP