All photos on my blog are under copyright protection by either me or my friends at
Pix-O-Sphere.
Please do not take them from my blog. If you'd like to connect with me over there, then you will have access to my album. Thank you kindly.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Helen and Anne

As some of you know I adore my deaf friends and love their language I have been an interpreter for about 14 years now. Ruth sent this out via Twitter and I just HAVE to share it here. For my deaf friends I am sad that this clip of Helen Keller and Anne Sullivan is not CC, but in short Anne explains how Helen can feel the vibrations of the sounds in Anne's speech by placing her hand and fingers on the larynx, lips, and nose.

At the end of the video, Helen speaks a sentence where she says "I'm not dumb now." My girls and I watched this video and at the end we all applauded Helen! How exciting for her! Anne was a tremendous friend to Helen. Are you this kind of friend to someone else?







The HomeSpun Life

↑ Grab this Headline Animator



0 kind words:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP