All photos on my blog are under copyright protection by either me or my friends at
Pix-O-Sphere.
Please do not take them from my blog. If you'd like to connect with me over there, then you will have access to my album. Thank you kindly.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Friday, August 7, 2009

Organic Homeschooling

We're Organic Homeschoolers!
As with most homeschoolers people ask, "What kind of homeschooler are you?" I tried to figure that out for the first two years we homeschooled until it finally dawned on me. We are Organic Homeschoolers. What I mean by Organic is that we rely upon the Holy Spirit fully each and every day.

We do not educate by any systematic formula and our entire family is widely known for our spontaneity. We fly by the seat of our pants (four of us are in skirts though) and there's no need for a seat belt for this flight. (Unless we're in the car and then yes, of course we are all buckled in.) We aren't unschoolers although some might consider us a close second to that. We do read books and have some workbooks for the kiddles, but most of our education is organic and at times it can be quite explosive.

When our children find a deep interest in something we allow them to feed upon that pasture until they are full. Why stop them if they are getting it? If this means they get three hours of Math and accomplish long division with mastery we don't worry about diagramming sentences until another day. When you plant a seed of education, water it, and it begins to grow, let it grow.

The Holy Spirit can take that precious seed and cause a combustion that you don't want to interfere with. Let the Holy Spirit do what He is there for, teaching! John 14:26, "But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you ALL things, and bring ALL things to your rememberance, whatsoever I have said unto you."



Also see:
My Recipes
My Homeschool Posts
My Homestead Posts

The HomeSpun Life

↑ Grab this Headline Animator



0 kind words:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP