All photos on my blog are under copyright protection by either me or my friends at
Pix-O-Sphere.
Please do not take them from my blog. If you'd like to connect with me over there, then you will have access to my album. Thank you kindly.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

School Room

Not Back to School Blog HopHOTM want to know where we conduct our homeschool in her Not so Back to School Blog Hop. It's School Room Week! First of all, I live in a very small mobile home. My living room, kitchen, and dining room are one big living space with no privacy. So we have needed to improvise with our learning space.

Each day the children study in a different places depending on how much privacy they need to study and what subject they are studying. So I will list for you the different places they utilize in our home.

The Dining Room Table: When the children study independent subjects such as spelling, reading, or art we use this area. To the left of our table is a built in cabinet in which we keep all our supplies stored.

The Living Room: In the living room we have TV trays available if they decide to sit on the couch. We also have additional desk chairs that can be sat upon as well.

The Desk: In this living space I described above I have my large desk that holds two computers for our computer times.

Bedrooms: We have three bedrooms in our tiny home that are used for quiet study places. Two of those rooms have desks.

Front Porch: Many times my oldest teen daughter, Jess, likes to go outside and study. She simply chooses a chair and gets started. Most of the time she uses this space for reading.

The Park: We have also been known to take our work to the park with us. :O)

organic homeschool by sisterlisa, on Pix-O-Sphere

Ebook Bundle Sale
Coffee (Wordless Wednesday)
Has religiosity taken over Homeschool co-ops?



The HomeSpun Life





16 kind words:

mom August 10, 2009 at 7:07 AM  

It sounds like you've done a great job utilizing the space you've been blessed with, Lisa!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Lori C., Texas August 10, 2009 at 8:06 AM  

Yes my graphics are from one of Shabby's free sets. It is my first attempt to design my blog(with lost of help from my husband!!). I really had no idea what I was doing!:)

Karin Katherine August 10, 2009 at 8:13 AM  

Its great that you use ALL of your space and don't limit yourself or your children to one room. How lovely. That is the benefit of homeschooling, isn't it?

Sisterlisa August 10, 2009 at 2:58 PM  

Thanks Tammy. It's all I can do for now. I keep praying for a larger home, but I'm being patient.

Lori, you and your husband did a good job.

Karin, thanks for coming by! One of my girls will, at times, even go out to the minivan. :P

Thanks Tracy. :O)

Dusti August 10, 2009 at 3:54 PM  

We also have a shared kitchen/dining/living space and we use the different areas as needed. It works and yes there's always a bedroom for quiet space.
Thanks for sharing.
Blessings

Rana August 10, 2009 at 4:34 PM  

It's more fun and relaxed if you can do school around the house. Thanks for checking out my blog.

Jennifer August 10, 2009 at 10:00 PM  

I wish that our weather allowed us to do schoolwork outside a bit more. In the winter, we often feel like we're stuck in a cave :) The porch and park sound like great places to work! :)

The Hill Hang-Out August 11, 2009 at 6:00 AM  

Thanks for visiting my blog. Sounds like your school room is much like ours... all over the place! Many blessings to you this year!

Robin E. August 11, 2009 at 9:26 AM  

When the cool weather returns we hope to create an outdoor living space that will be inviting for relaxing, and maybe my children, like your daughter, will find it a good place to read and study too. Thanks for sharing on the Blog Hop.

mrs darling August 11, 2009 at 3:06 PM  

Well it looks like you're making the combo work real well. Loved this peek into the school room.

argsmommy August 13, 2009 at 5:36 PM  

Your post (and others) are reminding me to do more school outside. I love the front porch idea.

Thanks for visiting my blog -- it's nice to "meet" you too. : )

Kellie @ Blue House Academy

LaughingLioness August 11, 2010 at 2:48 PM  

I love how you written the obvious for most of us- that school takes place all over!
Great to visit your site, too!

Denise August 11, 2010 at 8:55 PM  

We too school all over the house depending on the need/moment. Enjoyed reading your post, and am now following.

Sisterlisa August 11, 2010 at 10:37 PM  

Thanks ladies! We love being on the go. Learning happens everywhere.

Tammi August 13, 2010 at 5:24 AM  

We also live in a small mobile home. we have an open floor plan between the living room and the kitchen (no dinning room). Our group work (Bible, history, and family reading; mostly biographies) take place at the kitchen table. My 14 year-old takes some of his work to the boys shared room. The other primarily work at the kitchen table or the coffee table in the living room.

There are times I long for more space, but we make due with what we have:) Seven people in a small place can be a challenge, but we make it work the best we can.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP