All photos on my blog are under copyright protection by either me or my friends at
Pix-O-Sphere.
Please do not take them from my blog. If you'd like to connect with me over there, then you will have access to my album. Thank you kindly.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Thursday, August 13, 2009

WorkBox System

Sue Patrick spoke at the HOTM Conference about her WorkBox System and while her system is very organized, it is unconventional for my tiny home. But I was inspired to adjust it to what room I do have. This rea, in the picture below, is honestly the only space I have to keep homeschool work out of a cabinet. So Jess helped me clean up the area and we bought two clear plastic boxes from Target. Each child has two boxes. We begin with their assignments being in the top boxes. I use Post It notes to place in the pages where their assignments are each week.

Each day they go to their box and pull out what they want to work on, one at a time. When they complete one assignment, that goes into the bottom box. Once the top box is empty they know they are done for the day. The two small boxes you see on top of the last box belong to my nephew and niece. They are in the middle of moving and their new home isn't ready yet. They are staying with us and homeschooling while they wait.






This cute little box below was purchased for me by my husband at last year's Apple Hill Festival in Northern California. So cute isn't it?












The HomeSpun Life

↑ Grab this Headline Animator



4 kind words:

Mrs. Darling August 13, 2009 at 9:30 PM  

What a great idea! And I do love the little box your hubby bought. That is adorable!

REAL ME August 14, 2009 at 10:23 PM  

I really like this idea. I have been really thinking of the workbox system but I also have some limited space. Very great. Thanks for sharing.

Karin Katherine August 15, 2009 at 6:01 PM  

I think its great how you took the workbox system and made it work for your family. That is something all homeschoolers should look to do with EVERYTHING they purchase or decide to follow. Its a gift of homeschooling.

Thanks for sharing how it is working for you!

Sisterlisa August 16, 2009 at 8:07 AM  

Thanks Ladies. It really seems to be working well for us.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP