All photos on my blog are under copyright protection by either me or my friends at
Pix-O-Sphere.
Please do not take them from my blog. If you'd like to connect with me over there, then you will have access to my album. Thank you kindly.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Friday, January 8, 2010

Fresh Start



What a great series to be a part of. Some of our bloggy sisters are having a great series to start of the new year with spiritual steps. I think this is a good thing..a very good thing.

My step, in this first week of the series, is to use the measuring tape of Jesus, instead of the measuring tape of the Law. (but the measuring tape of the Law is permanently affixed to the inside of my pocket!...oh yeah that's right...because I'm a sinner.)When I use Jesus' measuring tape, everyone in Christ measures up. Phew*... that sure takes the pressure off. No more pressure to wonder if my friends and family live up to a standard. No more pressure for me to be concerned about if I am friends with the right or wrong people. With Jesus' measuring tape, I can love without the pressure of 'religion'. I don't mean free from God. I don't believe 'religion' and God are the same. With Jesus' measuring tape I can keep my eyes on Jesus and not on everyone else's lives.

(deep sigh of relief)

Maybe.....just thinking here...hmmm...when people want to point fingers at us...perhaps we can say .."In Christ I am perfect. Because of Him, I measure up. Have I sinned against you? If so, I am genuinely sorry. Please forgive me."

If people want to point fingers (and we're all guilty of it from time to time) then I resolve to walk away from it. (deep sigh...) Walk away and leave them to their finger pointing session. I have Someone wonderful to look at, and He measures me as His. (Did I just point my finger at people pointing fingers?) Glad I bought the CD, Sarah Mae recommended. ;O)  (sometimes we pull out the wrong measuring tape. It feels the same, it may look similar, but the measurement is different.)

Golly, we humans are just awful aren't we? *note to self..."Lisa, turn the finger and point to yourself...then redirect your eyes to Jesus."





The HomeSpun Life




6 kind words:

Liv January 8, 2010 at 2:53 PM  

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I hope you enjoyed it =)

I was home schooled all the way thru high school, and am so happy my parents chose to do so! It gave me so much more freedom (not to mention graduating early =))

God Bless,

Liv

Teri Lynne January 8, 2010 at 6:11 PM  

Dear Lisa, as always your words have encouraged me.

Sisterlisa January 8, 2010 at 6:25 PM  

Thank you, Teri Lynne. It's just so easy to fall into the legalistic trap isn't it? As soon as I feel it rising up, He reminds me of his grace. ;O)

Sisterlisa January 8, 2010 at 6:27 PM  

Hi Liv,
I do enjoy your blog. I'll be back too. Yes, we enjoy homeschooling too. Very much so. It's given us the opportunity to learn things that 'schools' just don't teach.

Sandra January 10, 2010 at 12:31 PM  

I love your goal to love without the pressure of religion! It is a freeing feeling!

Sisterlisa January 10, 2010 at 12:36 PM  

Yes, it is Sandra. I have found that since we home fellowship now I have the freedom to love others as Christ would have me too, regardless of their denomination affiliations.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP