All photos on my blog are under copyright protection by either me or my friends at
Pix-O-Sphere.
Please do not take them from my blog. If you'd like to connect with me over there, then you will have access to my album. Thank you kindly.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Saturday, January 30, 2010

History Frustrations

It's becoming increasingly difficult to honestly teach history and government to my children, when the original intentions of government have been swayed from doing what the Constitution says they should do and should not do. So my children are left with asking which country they actually live in. Do we live in this America the history books describe? Do we still live in the America that was established with our Constitution protecting us? Do our history books even tell the truth anymore?

Yet, I feel the same way about the Bible. Do Christians really live as the scriptures says we should? Have we left the original intent of Jesus' sacrifice for us? Does religious history really tell the truth?

At this point, history is up for debate. The Constitution is up for debate. Christainity is up for debate. So how do you teach your kids to live right?

Live peaceably. Some things aren't worth going to jail over. There will come a time when we may need to be 'sacrificed' for some greater good, but for now deepen your faith in Christ our Lord and He will lift you up.



The HomeSpun Life



3 kind words:

Jessica S. January 30, 2010 at 3:41 AM  

Thank you for the insight. It really is mind-boggling to comprehend today's issues with our history; both Christianity and Government.

Right now, I am reading 'The 5000 Year Leap, Principles of Freedom 101' --So far excellent! :)

Carol January 30, 2010 at 1:26 PM  

Hi Lisa, thanks for stopping by my blog. You are welcome to join us with our Weekly Wrapup any time. Use my (or your own) subtitles and just blog away. Then don't forget to type in your link to Mr. Linky so others can find your post to read.

Yes, my girls are bloggers, but they don't do it very often. My oldest has some online friends (I've preapproved) that she chats with on Saturday afternoons and emails with. You can find my daughters blogs on homeschoolblogger.com. /Snowcrystal is my 10 year old, and /mountainprincess is my 12 year old. How old are your children?

Is the GGM magazine online, and does it cost money?

Carol

Sisterlisa February 10, 2010 at 8:33 AM  

Thanks ladies,
Carol, GGM is a free online publication.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP