All photos on my blog are under copyright protection by either me or my friends at
Pix-O-Sphere.
Please do not take them from my blog. If you'd like to connect with me over there, then you will have access to my album. Thank you kindly.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Oh Windy Day!

Several storms all week one right after the other. California is being hit hard and I can't say I'm upset about it. Our state is in a drought so the water is good and needed, but the downed power lines poses some inconvenience. I'm happy our side of town wasn't included in the winds agenda today. Several power lines snapped all over the south side of town. As my husband and I were out running errands today we were lined up behind cars; stop. go. stop. go. stop. go. Flashing red lights everywhere. Do you know how patient one needs to be when just about every street has either a stop sign or red flashing light? It's like having a stop sign on every corner! sigh* Sure made for a nice drive for Scott and I to be able to fellowship with one another. :O)

Several businesses closed down today as well. Our lights flickered once and I went straight down to the closest, open, store for flashlights and candles. They didn't have very many flashlights left. :P And I always think it's kinda funny to see the umbrellas at the entrance of the stores this time of year, to make sure people grab one after walking in soaking wet. *chuckle* It's so windy here they end up blowing outward and it's a waste of money. I have lived here for 18 years and I don't use an umbrella. Just throw on the coat and brave the storm!

But a good pair of boots would do me some good. My suede boots can't take much more of this. :P





The HomeSpun Life



2 kind words:

Devildogwife January 21, 2010 at 12:36 AM  

We are loving the rain right now in Az. The kids are having all kinds of fun playing in it. They are looking forward to a rain day on Thursday. **grin**

Sisterlisa January 21, 2010 at 8:52 AM  

They said today is supposed to be a lighter day of rain here. But still more tomorrow. Is it a warm rain where you are?

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP