All photos on my blog are under copyright protection by either me or my friends at
Pix-O-Sphere.
Please do not take them from my blog. If you'd like to connect with me over there, then you will have access to my album. Thank you kindly.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Fifth Amendment for Kids

My daughters have a very sweet friend who sings in a local choir with them. I have met their family and they are as sweet as pie! A wonderful caucasion family of six bio children and two adopted girls from Africa. This family homeschools and are Christians.

To our city's complete shock, one of the little adopted girls needed a trip to the hospital and she passed away. The ONLY fact is that she passed away. But the local papers have hacked this tragedy and reshaped it to suit their needs, the sale of their newspaper. On top of all this, all the children were taken and placed in foster homes while the parents are in jail. The paper claims they are under investigation for child abuse that led to murder. They were sure to mention that they homeschooled and the new article says they are Christians.

WHY?!? We won't know the real truth until this situation has been thoroughly investigated, but perhaps we can learn something from this horrible tragedy. Plead the Fifth.

It is rumored that it is possible the family was questioned about their method of discipline. Perhaps they were questioned about performing some kind of life saving technique that went awry. We don't know yet. But things get misconstrued easily and quickly.

Many families have wondered to themselves, "What would I do if this happened to me?"
Or worse, "What would my kids do or say if they were taken by CPS and questioned about our family?"

Anything you say may be used AGAINST YOU in a court of law.
You have the RIGHT to remain SILENT!

The Fifth Amendment says all persons of the United States of America have the right to plead the Fifth!

It does not specify age limitations.

Some argue that, "If I plead the Fifth can't they arrest me for suspicion?" If they feel they have enough evidence, yes. BUT, if you plead the Fifth and your lawyer gets you out of jail in a week or so on a false arrest, you can get restitution. Think about how much restitution your family would be compensated for the trauma of a false arrest, false allegations, and child harrassment. (Not to mention the slander suit you could get on the newspapers false reporting, if any) Not that it fixes the trauma, but one or two weeks in jail is better than incriminating yourselves into a 20 year prison sentence.

I want to URGE my friends and family...DO NOT BELIEVE ME! That's right, I'll say it again, "DO NOT BELIEVE ME". Call a lawyer and ask for yourself. Hey, call two or three lawyers.

  • 1. If a CPS agent comes to my door to ask me or my family questions, what should we do?
  • 2. Can my child plead the Fifth if a school official or CPS worker asks questions about our home life?
  • 3. If my child gets hurt and we need an ambulance, should we answer the questions for the police when they arrive?

Please take some time to watch this incredible video. Know your rights before you freely give them away.
And please, please pray for the family.








The HomeSpun Life





2 kind words:

Kela February 10, 2010 at 7:10 AM  

Our family has gone through a bout with DSS. A neighbor is responsible for the call. I blogged about it.
Everything turned out well (as expected).
I never knew, though, that it was okay (or our right) to not talk with them...even though we didn't have anything to hide.

Sisterlisa February 10, 2010 at 8:32 AM  

Which is why I said to talk to a lawyer and see what they say. Children are easily coerced and that should be against the law to try to persuade them to say something that isn't true in the first place.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP