All photos on my blog are under copyright protection by either me or my friends at
Pix-O-Sphere.
Please do not take them from my blog. If you'd like to connect with me over there, then you will have access to my album. Thank you kindly.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Friday, March 12, 2010

Hey Walmart

Excuse me, Walmart! I have seen it ranted about on the blogosphere (and by the way did you know there are over 200 MILLION blogs out there?) that your store was under fire from parents all over the nation about putting Sports Illustrated at a CHILD'S EYE LEVEL at the check stands, right by the CANDY BARS. Tonight, I saw it for myself.  HELLO WALMART, we are TIRED of seeing children sexualized by televisions, internet, and now YOUR STORE. For those parents out there who want to know what I think eye level is, let me say this, 5 year old little boys do NOT need to see that. What do you think they're going to do? "Hey mom, can I have one of these?" NOT! What do you think those images do to little girls who DON'T have bodies like that? And most women don't either, because not every family can afford to pay for a b**b job!

We often hear of the moms being the ones to stand up to the managers about this, but tonight my friends, MY HUSBAND did it! He called out the manager. First came the excuse..."oh it must have been left there by mistake." To which Scott said, "A mistake at ALL your registers? If my son were here and saw that it would be UNACCEPTABLE! That should be wrapped in brown paper!" He then promptly demanded to have them all removed. A nice lady in line THANKED him and said, "GOOD FOR YOU!"

What are the odds that they were placed right back there after we left? Probably pretty good odds they did just that. So the next time we go, we'll do it again. All of us should. Please gentlemen, join my husband and stand up for the children of this nation!

HEY WALMART, you see... even the dads aren't liking it! If you insist on selling smut like that, put up on the high shelf on the magazine aisle by the hot rod magazines. NOT by the kids sized candy bars.

Parents, PLEASE stand up to your local Walmart about this. I'll be sending my letter to the local newspaper editor and I pray it gets printed. And even if you're not a parent, if you value a child's mind and soul, SAY SOMETHING.

Please contact Walmart and tell them how you feel.



The HomeSpun Life





4 kind words:

*°º¤♥-=|F®äñ|=-♥*°º¤ March 13, 2010 at 3:02 PM  

♥WHT A LOVELY BLOG,I ENJOYED SO MUCH READ SUM OF THE POSTS,CONGRATS.A GREAT SATURDAY AND GOD BLESS♥

Anonymous,  March 16, 2010 at 1:30 PM  

I worked at walmart for two years. My time ended abruptly about two weeks ago. I can attest that while putting sports illustrated magazines at the eye level of small children is reprehensible, that is not the only atrocity happening in that company. From it store management to the corporate executives, the whole company is corrupt. I can't emphasize that enough. After working there my husband and I have decided that a lower price is too high a price to pay for the continual degradation of the employees, not to mention the murder of morality that walmart as a company encourages. Employees basic Constitutional rights are compromised on a daily basis. Customers 4th amendment rights are challenged every time they walk out of a Sam's Club. We chose not to shop there. I will gladly pay a higher price for better quality. It is my way of saying, "You're doing it wrong, Walmart."

I know this probably sounds like a disgruntled employee talking, but really, how many happy employees do you see at Walmart.

Sisterlisa March 16, 2010 at 1:43 PM  

Anonymous,

After seeing so much disorder and corruption in many churches, I'd be willing to listen to you.

There is a lot of corruption in the world and this nation today. So much so, that I feel like it's the movie, Invasion of the Body Snatchers. You never know who you are dealing with and if you cry out for help they mark you and take you down. CREEPY

Email me. I'll keep your name anonymous.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP