All photos on my blog are under copyright protection by either me or my friends at
Pix-O-Sphere.
Please do not take them from my blog. If you'd like to connect with me over there, then you will have access to my album. Thank you kindly.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Spring Homeschool Carnival

I am hostessing the Carnival of Homeschooling this week and will be having many homeschool parents and potential homeschool parents visiting my blog. The last time I hosted the carnival I offered cyber coffee to those arriving, however I don't have any brewed this time. My apologies. I had planned to have the carnival ready earlier in the morning, but since when does our schedules actually stay on track all the time? And to top it off, my browser kept closing, stalling, and jumping around. I think there are ants in it's pants. So I compiled this post in notepad. :P So, without further adieu, The March 30th Homeschool Carnival! (For those who submitted to the carnival, please swing over to get a graphic to announce the carnival here at Why Homeschool)

Laura is attempting to raise Global Learners. Find out how she does it! I think this is wonderful.

Pamela shares how her and her 12 year old feel about The Lightning Thief's film debut and the differences between the film and the book. I saw this film too and I saw it as a teen romance type version of 'Clash of the Titans'. I haven't read the book, but Pamela did and shares her thoughts about it.

Arby is our comic relief this carnival with his rendition of Spit Spat Spot , although it's a bit different than what Mary Poppins describes.

Monica shares her thoughts on her 11 year old daughter making her first 4-H county presentation.


Jenny has a post about how a very simple chalkboard wall in their learning area helps her keep on task each day, for both homeschool studies and her own mom to-do list. A simple schedule approach for the decidedly non type-A homeschool mom.

Mrs.Janine Cate comments on a recent news article about a "homeschooler." So glad she is speaking up about this. Why can't the media just drop the labels?

Cristina gets back to the basics of what many techno kids call the vintage form of writing with a PEN! She says things tend to flow a lot better. I think the pun is intended. ;O)

Sage thinks she's being a pushover, but her description of homeschooling this time sounds like freedom to me!

Lara introduces us to a new word for our vocabulary! Osteichthyes (Ahs-tee-ik’-thih-eez) I didn't know what it was either, much less how to pronounce it. So you'll want to check out her article to find out for yourself. Then try to say it ten times fast.

Beth has an 11 year old artist and poet has something beautiful to share with you about The Famous Ark!

Heather asks, "How do you deal with days off?" Adjusting to new routines for those days without 'school', your thoughts are wanted! That's a good one. Many are having their spring breaks and have no where to go so what do they do? Pop in and share your ideas with her and her readers.

Mrs. White has ten children and a house to keep up with. I don't know how she does it, but she shares how to clean the house with ten children under foot.

Mrs. Mama Hen is sharing a look into their "homeschool" - of how they do it and what their methods and routines are.

Rachel is one creative homeschool mom. She gives us some learning activities that sneak the chores inside and the kids will think it's fun!

Linda inspires parents to take the helm in their children's education. With the way the public schools are headed, I can see why she challenges them to do something about it.

Beverly at About.com has compiled some blogs that show you how other homeschool parents got started with their own homeschool blogs.

NerdMom shares some ideas on how to incoporate your most popular spring cultural holiday into your homeschooling.
Amber shares pros and cons of a book in her review of The Burgess Animal Book for Children. I don't know about you, but I think reviews like this are more valuable than the ones where the blogger is paid to rave about something they never read. Amber, thank you for your honesty.

Fred says that sunshine prevents Flu in children. Sunshine?? This is GREAT news, for those who have it. We've been getting a little bit every coupe of days in between rain storms and I tell ya, it sure makes a difference in the kids AND YOU when you can get outdoors!




My children and I have been traveling around Northern California taking lots of shots of the spring countryside for our upcoming albums on Pix-O-Sphere. If you haven't heard about it yet, it's a Family Friendly Photo Community that is safe for the kids too. We're preparing to launch very soon and are on pins and needles to invite you all to join. It's going to be a great way to find photos for your blog articles without having to sift through photos that the little ones shouldn't see as they walk by your desk. We're having a giveaway contest right here on my blog. If you' reinterested in learning more about it and how you can get entered to win a Free Advanced Membership then click on over to find out how. (and you can find our group on Facebook)

And if you haven't see Mr. Cate's new blog yet, you gotta! He is now writing to raise political awareness at The Minute Man Lobbyist!





The HomeSpun Life






5 kind words:

gfcfmomofmany March 30, 2010 at 5:28 PM  

Great job with the carnival. You sound like you have a lot on your plate, but having a great time at it. Blessings on the Pix o sphere!

God bless
Heather Laurie
www.specialneedshomeschooling.com

Alasandra March 31, 2010 at 1:58 PM  

Looks like with all the technical difficulties you experienced my submission got left out.

http://alasandras.blogspot.com/2010/03/secular-homeschoolers-dont-owe-fundies.html

Thanks for hosting this week. I am looking forward to reading the interesting post you have listed.

Amber March 31, 2010 at 3:10 PM  

Thanks for doing the carnival. Sorry you had such hassles getting it up. Don't you hate it when technology throws a fit?

I'm looking forward to browsing the other entries when I get a chance.

Laura @ Laura Williams' Musings April 1, 2010 at 8:14 AM  

Great carnival!

If you haven't heard, CurrClick is giving away 18 Homeschool Resources
during their Easter Egg Hunt which ends April 5th. I posted a full
set of hints on my blog where to find ALL of those eggs. There many
other freebies there as well (all downloadable and no shipping
costs). You can find the hints here: http://laurawilliamsmusings.blogspot.com/2010/03/18-homeschool-freebies.html

Laura April 1, 2010 at 8:23 AM  

Thanks for hosting this carnival. I just spent an enjoyable half hour reading all the posts when I should have been planting my tomato seeds. Ah, the joys of procrastination....

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP