All photos on my blog are under copyright protection by either me or my friends at
Pix-O-Sphere.
Please do not take them from my blog. If you'd like to connect with me over there, then you will have access to my album. Thank you kindly.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Education by Travel

Who would have thought our vacation would end up being so educational? We had such a great time and everywhere we went we learned something new and the kids had a blast! We'er finally home and need to finish unpacking, get laundry done, and dust the tile floor. The dogs sure missed us a lot!

There's so much we all want to share with you, but I don't want to steal from what my girls will be blogging about. Something really cool that happened while we were on avcation was that Pix-O-Sphere launched!

We were staying with Auntie-and-Uncle-In-Love on the day of our launch and I've worked as hard as I could while on vacation..sounds odd doesn't it? work and vacation coupled together? But I love Pix-O-Sphere and all it's members so it was a blast to 'work' while on our walk-about.

I'm not sure how many of you know this, but when I designed Pix-O-Sphere I had all of you in mind. After years of blogging I found it increasingly difficult to find pics to use in my articles and I've heard so many other bloggy friends say the same thing..but not only has it been difficult to find just the right photo, a royalty free one at that, but we'd always end up coming across..well..you know..those pics that are somehow sneaked into those photos sites. And since I know most of us have our computers in an open area in our homes, our kids would inevitably end up seeing those icky pics too.

Sigh*************

SO, Pix-O-Sphere was born. A place to not only host my own pix, but also pix I want to Share with my friends...and when my friends use my pix, the pix link back to Pix-O-Sphere and my credit shows..and your credit shows when I use your pix. Do you know how many times I would search for hours for just the right photo only to find out it had restrictions and I couldn't get the pic? How frustrating! And when I would offer up my pix for others to use they wouldn't credit me back! But at Pix-O-Sphere it's all included!

You'll see what I mean when I ask you to click on this gorgeous photo by Sprittibee...see what is there when you click on the photo..you see Sprittibee! Click on her name and you'll be directed immediately to her profile where you can add her as a friend and use her photos too. bulbine by sisterlisa, on Pix-O-Sphere

Anyways...while we were busy on our vacation..launching Pix-O-Sphere, we got some great photo opportunities for ourselves as well.
Here is a shot of a mountain lake in between Silent Valley and Idyllwild..
mountain by sisterlisa, on Pix-O-Sphere

Huntington Beach
coastline by sisterlisa, on Pix-O-Sphere

The coastline in Huntington Beach...view from the pier..
beach homes by sisterlisa, on Pix-O-Sphere

And who wouldn't love to stay a month or so in one of these lovely beach houses on the strand?
stand homes by sisterlisa, on Pix-O-Sphere

Would you like to see more of my vacation photos? I'll be sharing them as soon as I'm done uploading them. It's a good thing we upgraded our high speed service..and use the bulk uploader at Pix-O-Sphere.....I'll be blogging more about our trip this week.

So glad to be back home...


The HomeSpun Life






0 kind words:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP