All photos on my blog are under copyright protection by either me or my friends at
Pix-O-Sphere.
Please do not take them from my blog. If you'd like to connect with me over there, then you will have access to my album. Thank you kindly.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Friday, August 13, 2010

Blog Refresher Day 5 Buttons

When I first began blogging, it took me a while to figure out HTML. I'd like to be able to put more buttons on my blog, but there just isn't enough room. Then there's those CUTE icons you can get for all your social media hang outs.

When I joined TheBlogFrog and set up my own community, I grabbed the froggie button..but it wasn't the same size as my other icons. So, I added the code from their site and adjusted the size using HTML.

 So here's what you can do to adjust the size of any of your graphics in HTML:

You have two symbols that hold your tag the greater than and less than symbols
In between those two symbols you have some letters to indicate the image source

img src

then the equals sign and two quotations marks 
 =" "

In between the quotes is the url of the image which begins with
http://
After the last quotation mark you can enter the size codes:

width="32px" height="32px"

Click on this image to view full size:



This will adjust the size of your buttons from this:



to this:



I also resized the three teen blogs buttons to 75x75 with this simple code. Now all three of them can fit on one line.

Real quick let me explain the icons I have at the top of the page.
  • Twitter
  • Pix-O-Sphere (my favorite family friendly photo hosting site.)
  • StumbleUpon (where I review and recommend various homeschool websites, articles, and blogs)
  • TheBlogFrog (linking to my page there.)
  • RSS feed
  • My Facebook
  • And Contact me(email address)

All these icons are 32x32. This is a standard size, but there are many unique icons out there and many blog designers can customize your buttons in your design order. Be sure to ask them if there is an additional fee.

You can find a variety of icon styles at Web Design Ledger
  
The Blog Refresher series began here.

signature by sisterlisa, on Pix-O-Sphere


The HomeSpun Life


2 kind words:

Terre@savingyourgreen.blogspot.com August 16, 2010 at 9:25 AM  

That is really great information! Thanks for sharing!

Kristine August 17, 2010 at 5:57 AM  

Hi! I am really glad that I found your blog. Thanks for all the helpful tips!:)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP