All photos on my blog are under copyright protection by either me or my friends at
Pix-O-Sphere.
Please do not take them from my blog. If you'd like to connect with me over there, then you will have access to my album. Thank you kindly.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Blog Refresher

blogrefresher by sisterlisa, on Pix-O-Sphere

Day 1

Yesterday I posted about sprucing up my blog and I got started right away. With the homeschool year beginning to get under way, the other homeschool moms are kick starting their tours around the homeschool blogosphere. The Heart of the Matter Online Confernece is beginning Monday August 9th and their blog is hostessing the Not So Back to School Blog Hop this month. Not to mention the many homeschool carnivals that will be coming our way and let's not forget the Homeschool Blog Awards.

With all that in mind, I wanted to spruce up the place, it was getting  alittle dusty around here. It seems homeschool blogs tend to slow down during the summer and most especially for me because we spent all summer building the new Family Friendly Photo Community, Pix-O-Sphere. I'm absolutely thrilled about this for many reasons but one in particular is what a great network they created for photographers and bloggers to connect and help support one another. So now when I have a need for  royalty free photo, I can go there and see what photos my friends have available and when I used their photo on my blogs they will get more traffic to see their great work. I can't wait to share my favroite Pix-O-Sphere photographers with you.
{and hey, you never know who might use your photos and send their readers to connect with you}

So while we were building Pix-O-Sphere for all of you, my family dug deep into photography this summer too. I wanted to be sure to offer my photos up for SHARE with my friends so they wouldn't have to surf through sleazy inappropriate photos on other sites with cheesy misleading ads.

So now here we are...sprucing up our blogs. Don't you wish you could go to those fancy blog conferences so you could learn what everyone else is learning? But do you know that all that advice is available free online? Ya just have to know where to look. So I've spent a lot of time searching for all those goodies and will be sharing them with you this month while we freshen up the blogosphere together.

The first thing I did was get a new blog header and button. I searched through a stock photo site and wasn't happy with the results. You'd think with over a million images I could find SOMETHING I liked. Sigh** but I didn't. So I decided to have a photo shoot right here in my very own dining room. I mean, why not? I had fresh coffee brewed, peaches from our sweet little neighbor girl, and bread from Great Harvest Bread Company. So what you see in my header is my dining room table. So feel free to pull up a chair anytime, there's ALWAYS coffee at my house and an extra chair. I'll share my life with you.

By the way, if you like the photo in my header, here's the other photos I captured in this photo shoot.
coffefruit by sisterlisa, on Pix-O-Sphere
Don't forget to get subscribed so you don't miss a day. You can subscribe via email or RSS up in the right side bar...up a little more..towards the top..just under the header. Yep, that's it. :O)

Here are some family friendly blog designers I found to share with you.
Family Friendly Blog Designers: (some of them are homeschool families)
TwoMomDesigns
BlogDesignsbyAlexis
WeakSauceBlogs
Berries&CreamBlogDesign
2TimesDesign
GraphicallyDesigning
Barefoot Blogs
AmyBayliss {Split Decisionz}
Relevant Designs

Free Blog Templates
Cutest Blog on the Block
LeeLou's Free Templates
GiseleJaquenod
AprilShowers

If you know of anymore, let me know and I'll add them here. {Must be family friendly}

001sig by sisterlisa, on Pix-O-Sphere


The HomeSpun Life







0 kind words:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP