All photos on my blog are under copyright protection by either me or my friends at
Pix-O-Sphere.
Please do not take them from my blog. If you'd like to connect with me over there, then you will have access to my album. Thank you kindly.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Monday, August 2, 2010

Curriculum Week

Not Back to School Blog Hop

Last year Darcy hosted the Back to School Blog Hop and now Heart of the Matter is hostessing this year's.

This week is curriculum week and honestly, I don't have it all together yet..ya know why? Because the Heart of the Matter Online Conference isn't until next week. So I'm waiting before making any permanent decisions. BUT what I CAN tell you is that Monica wants to complete high school this year and she's only 15. She wants to be able to get started on her more serious studies in photography and business. So she is going to be going through two math books this year. One is Abeka's Business Math(1st semester) and the Other is Math U See's Stewardship Math (for personal finances.) {2nd semester} She's also going to be studying Journalism, Religions of the World, and Government during her first semester. I'll be thinking more seriously about her 2nd semester after the conference next week.

Jessica began her college level studies last year and will continue this year, along with working part time for Pix-O-Sphere as my office assistant and in social media. Some people online have been criticizing 'social media' as if it's not really a business, but I disagree with them. It's business marketing online and THAT IS business for an online company. Blogging has become a mini career for many people whether they are selling advertising on their blog, writing reviews, or running a blog for a large company.

Gina and Timmy will be using Abeka for now, but I'm interested in some different workbooks for them. Honestly...I like the math workbooks I used when I was growing up in public school. :/
So while my contribution to the Back to School Blog Hop is not super exciting, I am sure many of yours are...so I'm going to be visiting your blogs throughout the month. I do hope you'll subscribe to my blog so you can come back and join me in our homeschool journey after the conference. I'm always inspired by their speakers. Hope to see you in their chats!

OH! And here are a few pictures to brighten your day.

berries by sisterlisa, on Pix-O-Sphere



sandwhich by sisterlisa, on Pix-O-Sphere


monterey jack chicken by sisterlisa, on Pix-O-Sphere

001sig by sisterlisa, on Pix-O-Sphere

The HomeSpun Life




4 kind words:

Jessica S. August 2, 2010 at 3:06 PM  

I am sure you are super busy with Pix-O-Sphere right now, but thank you for sharing. I hope to use MUS Stewardship for Ethan in a couple of years too. Your second photo LOOKS SO DELICIOUS!!!! I am hungry now!! Thank you! LOL!! Happy Homeschooling and much sucess with Pix-O-Shere!!! Thanks for sharing! ;0)

Sisterlisa August 2, 2010 at 10:20 PM  

Thanks, Jessica. My daughter, whose name is also Jessica btw, enjoy cooking. We take photos of everything we make.

Pamela @ Mustard Seed August 5, 2010 at 7:13 AM  

Oh how I can relate to the teen who wants to graduate early! What is a homeschooling parent to do? I pray for the best for you and your daughter on this big transistion. Have a great year and thanks for the great pictures.

Twinkle Mom @ Sunflower Faith August 5, 2010 at 8:12 AM  

Having late breakfast right now and your pictures look more appetizing then oatmeal!! LOL

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP