All photos on my blog are under copyright protection by either me or my friends at
Pix-O-Sphere.
Please do not take them from my blog. If you'd like to connect with me over there, then you will have access to my album. Thank you kindly.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Just Peachy

I love the Farmer's Market! I find the best peaches there..well any fruit is better there than at the local stores. I love that the fruit is freshest there, but it also means you need to eat it within a couple of days. Whether I eat it as is, or add it to my cereal...some prefer to add it to ice cream, it's such a pleasure to have fresh fruit!
fruit by sisterlisa, on Pix-O-Sphere
We frequent the Farmer's Market for fresh fruits and vegetables, but also for our photo opportunities. It's a great place to walk around with the family and help teach them how to capture the best shot in direct sunlight or in shade. I think the trickiest part is capturing the color if the vendor's tent is colored. For example, if their canopy is blue then their tomatoes appear a bit on the purple side. (note to vendors, that's not the best way to market your tomaotes.)

At any rate, we have a lot of fun then come we come home and spend some more time shooting here at home. We found that indirect sunlight is best, like on the porch. Different times of day will get you different effects of light. Early morning or late afternoon allows the sun to come in on either side of your subject, even though it's indirect, it casts it's glow based on which side of the house the sunlight is coming from. I've also noticed the afternoon sunlight has a deeper glow than the early morning light. Practice with each time of day to see what works best for your shots.


001sig by sisterlisa, on Pix-O-Sphere

The HomeSpun Life






0 kind words:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP