All photos on my blog are under copyright protection by either me or my friends at
Pix-O-Sphere.
Please do not take them from my blog. If you'd like to connect with me over there, then you will have access to my album. Thank you kindly.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Tip Toe.. Tip Toe.. Tip Toe.. Around the Bloggyland

I was just telling a friend tonight what a BLESSING it has been in the blogosphere to see women from so many different denominations who work together online to create inspirational blogs that focus on the Love of Christ, that encourage one another, that put aside denominational differences to work on the common foundation of Christ to bring encouragement to the internet. I have seen women from various 'Christian' denominations partake in support of one another in the homeschool-sphere and unfortunately I have seen a fair share of cattiness as well. I used to be a catty blogger too. Thinking I was 'right' all the time, needing to set everyone straight on what 'sound doctrine' was.  {How dare we go to sleep when someone on the internet needs sound doctrine!}You know where it got me? Isolated. Then I discovered grace, after a serious fall into the bondage of the Law. The bondage put me in the place of pointing my finger ...a lot! Thinking I had the corner market on the only truth. If we were meant to know it all 100% we would have become ...well...God. But we know that's not going to happen.

To every season there is a purpose under heaven. Ok so maybe there's a purpose for legalism...I'm thinking God allows it so we can realize how much we need Him, run into His arms, and be thankful for the Love He gives us. He rains on the just and the unjust. {Not that I'd go back to legalism though}

I guess what I'm thinking about here is why would bloggers like that want to hook up with blog rolls with other homeschoolers if some on that list might be...GASP ..heretics!? You know...the ones that don't agree with their 'doctrine' 100%. If they are 'heretics' why are they listed on a blog roll with them? Why does one denominational blogger, who thinks they have it right, want to be listed with those they don't think is 'right'...THEN post things on their blogs that bash the beliefs of those on the very same blog roll? I used to be like that too...thinking I was right all the time...In my legalism I bent my standard just a bit to get on the blog rolls. You're either legalistic or full of grace...trying to ride the fence of Law and Grace doesn't mix. Kinda like how the Hebrews weren't to mix their fabrics in the Old Testament. Then there's Paul. Legalistic murderer. GASP he found Christ! Now what? Go back to Rome? As a ...GULP**  "CHRISTIAN?!?" Are you kidding me? After killing all those believers?

Paul knew what grace was. One of the greatest Apostles to speak on grace. Here's what it boils down to folks..well for me anyway... LOVE. Can we love one another?

"They will know you by how you love one another" ~Jesus

You know...that natural desire to love others that are different than you. I mean really..what's the difference between loving a homeless man on the street in need of a meal and the Calvinist, Baptist, Lutheran, or GASP Muslim that lives across the street or the blogger who goes to home churches? Can we love each other without pointing out the doctrinal differences? Oh you can't? Does that mean you also can't love the homeless man unless he gets a shower and a three piece suit? Will it help if he carries a KJV Bible the size of Kansas?

Maybe you think I'm being rude...not meaning to be...but blunt perhaps..um just a bit. Sometimes it's easier to see the problem when it's presented differently..you know...without the Candy Coat. Wait a second..maybe I'm wrong...maybe it's more like this...

"They will know you by wearing coulottes"
"They will know you by your necktie."
"They will know you by how loud you scream when you say the word HELL!"
"They will know you by how high you stick your nose in the air as they walk by you."

Do people really act like that? YES!
Is that love? NO!
Does that mean they're not really Christians? Of course not...not all believers are 100% right in their doctrine. Anyone who thinks they are...run..the..other..way. Nicely though...love.

Christians point their fingers at other believers and at secular people as well. But I am reminded of this..

"There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for you are all one in Christ Jesus." Gal 3:28

So to my Calvinist, Baptist, Lutheran, Emergent, and Catholic homeschool friends..peace be with you.

Love...what a novel idea. :)

001sig by sisterlisa, on Pix-O-Sphere

The HomeSpun Life




4 kind words:

Ruth Ann August 7, 2010 at 4:09 PM  

Hi, Sister lisa! I found your blog via Elizabeth Esther's blog. I'm no longer in the "raising a child" phase of life. My only daughter was married in May, and my husband Jim and I have been empty nesters for a decade. It's fun reading what young parents have to say about raising and educating their children now.

If I were just starting, I would consider home schooling. My daughter has actually mentioned that the idea appeals to her. However, her husband sees things differently. But, in their case parenthood is not imminent.

I very much appreciate your focus on encouragement.

LLMom August 7, 2010 at 5:14 PM  

How beautiful! I found your blog through the Saturday evening blog post. I am currently dealing with a legalistic group of people and finding my way out. thanks

Jenny August 9, 2010 at 6:05 PM  

"They will know you by wearing coulottes"? LOL Great post! :D

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP