All photos on my blog are under copyright protection by either me or my friends at
Pix-O-Sphere.
Please do not take them from my blog. If you'd like to connect with me over there, then you will have access to my album. Thank you kindly.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Friday, September 17, 2010

Blog Awards, Photography, and Sewing oh my!

Join Me at The Homeschool Post!

EEEKK!!! I can't stand the suspense! The 6th Annual Homeschool Blog Awards is getting under way! And I'm thrilled to be a part of their team. You'll see my intro post tomorrow at The Post. You're gonna LOVE the prizes this year!

And Pix-O-Sphere is going to be featuring Family Friendly Photo Blogs on their own blog so you can discover some new friends and great photography! I'll be posting about it this weekend so be sure to subscribe to Pix-O-Sphere Blog.


There's a new museum in Chico, Ca that those in the northern region should check out. My family will be going next week and I'll be wrting our review of it. The Gateway Science Museum

Growing in Grace MagazineGrowing in Grace Magazine really truly is going to relaunch soon with a Fall issue and they are taking writers as young as 15 and as old as you want to admit you are. ;) They have just over 800 subscribers so it's a great way to get networked with other readers and bloggers. If you're interested shoot me an email at ggmeditor{at}gmail.com They have a new header graphic too. Go check it out.

So homeschooling is under way here in our Organic Homeschool. I just can't tell you enough how much we love the dry erase board tablets we have been getting. I have blogged about them before and each year they come out with more, so I'm thrilled!


Raising HomemakersBut do you kow there is one thing I just haven't been able to seriously grasp in our homeschool...especially with having 3 girls..is sewing. ACK. I don't enjoy sewing. Is that awful? My Grandmother and my mom both loved sewing and made jammies, holiday dresses, and even Barbie clothes for my sister and I when we were growing up. I know HOW to sew, I just don't like to sew. But there are some simple sewing techniques that I know are important to tach them..would you call them techniques? Sewing a button onto a shirt, mending a tear, or hemming pants? I really like the IRON IN fabric tape..it's so much easier! So I apologize that my blog will NOT be the place to learn how to do such things, but what I  *can* do is introduce you to a blog that has a team of women who blog about Raising Homemakers. AND they just posted about hand made items with a thumbnail linky to several OTHER homemaking blogs that can show you a thing or two.or more.. ;) With over 80 entries so far you're sure to find something that tickles your fancy.

Hope you have a terrific weekend!



signature by sisterlisa, on Pix-O-Sphere
Link up Get Related to The HomeSpun Life
My Royalty Free Shared Photos
Free Ebook for Subscribers






0 kind words:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP