All photos on my blog are under copyright protection by either me or my friends at
Pix-O-Sphere.
Please do not take them from my blog. If you'd like to connect with me over there, then you will have access to my album. Thank you kindly.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Sunday, October 24, 2010

My Relevant Testimony

Thank you to my husband, my fabulous In-Loves, and Pix-O-Sphere for sponsoring me to Relevant.



How does one begin to describe what emerged this weekend at The Relevant Conference? How do you find the most fragrant vocabulary to depict the insanely wonderful Spirit that met with daughters of the King? I don't think there is a way to adequetly portray the refreshment He gave us as He showered us in His amazing 'Water' fall of grace. As a harpist glides her fingertips across the strings and the dynamic melody that penetrates our hearts sends it's power through ourselves, so has our Lord strummed the hearstrings of the women who went to Relevant. May He strum your heartstrings through our their stories.

Now we sway and dance as He presses His impressions within us, stirring us to revive Himself in us. But more than words... much more than words from various bloggers linking up to share their testimonies about the conference with you all, is the renewing of Christ among our blogs... that my friends... will be what to look for...to see the ongoing grace filled posts of those who will be yieled by God to deliver up their blogs for Him..as they share their lives with you.

"You will know them by how they love one another." ~Jesus

As for me personally, I fully enjoy the fellowship with each and every one. I am going to refrain from naming them all, because there are far too many that deeply touched me for me to name and I don't want to miss anyone. I don't want anyone to feel left out...I enjoyed every single moment I have with every single lady I got to commune with in Christ.

There was so much encouragement. Not just did the speakers share wonderful stories of love, sadness, and renewal with us, but each lady I spoke with did also. The very intimate dialogue I had with each person meant just as much to me as what the speakers brought to the weekend. It was so wonderful to meet new blogging friends and bloggers I have interacted with in the blogosphere for so many years...and it was as if we have known each other for so much longer.

A lot of wisdom was shared....and that's an understatement. Wisdom that was grace filled, overflowing with heart, and profound freedom!

There were many hurting women there and many more to comfort and encourage. We've all experienced pain and perhaps sometimes we feel more freedom to share those pains and sorrows with our bloggy sisters than we do with people we see face to face each day. And although that is truly sensational for this group of women to be so full of mercy, at the same time it is sad that many don't have that in their offline lives.

I believe God empowered the women this weekend to go back to their communities and rise above all the pain because they know it is HE who lifts us up to high places and sets our feet upon a rock.
Ann Voskamp by sisterlisa, on Pix-O-Sphere

I was so pleasantly surpised to see so much love and compassion from the sponsors too. How often do your advertisers truly ..genuinely, care about the bloggers? at Relevant they do! I felt a commaraderie of fellowship among the bloggers and the sponsors and it was so unique and pleasant, and inspiring.

Many times during the conference ...my throat would lump up and I would bite back the tears because of the awe of the Spirit among the women. But I couldn't hold them back for long..in fact I'm not sure anyone was able to leave with a dry eye. The stories, widsom, sorrows, and triumphs that were shared were so absolutely amazing. I am so thankful to God that he enabled us financially and to my husband who made it possible for me to go, to my daughters who helped daddy at home with the little ones, and to The Relevant team and all the women who gave such valuable support to Pix-O-Sphere.
Ballroom by sisterlisa, on Pix-O-Sphere

There is so much more, but I need to really allow it all to sink in and you will begin to see it flowing through my posts in the upcoming weeks. For me, my main story about Relevant is this... refreshing! I've been to MANY conferences in churches before...but this one...this one was the most amazing one I have ever been to.

Here are some of the ladies I got to meet this weekend at Relevant..

 just click the thumbnails to view larger

and if you connect with me as a friend on Pix-O-Sphere you can download the photos without the watermark. And please tell me you have just as hard of a time remembering 200+ names.... Could you comment at Pix-O-Sphere under the photos of those you recognize and please tell me the names if you know them? Thanks so much! oh ya..and you can join for free. :0)



Relevant by sisterlisa, on Pix-O-Sphere Ann Voskamp Serena Woods by sisterlisa, on Pix-O-Sphere Relevant by sisterlisa, on Pix-O-Sphere
Relevant by sisterlisa, on Pix-O-Sphere Relevant by sisterlisa, on Pix-O-Sphere Relevant by sisterlisa, on Pix-O-Sphere
Relevant by sisterlisa, on Pix-O-Sphere Relevant by sisterlisa, on Pix-O-Sphere Relevant by sisterlisa, on Pix-O-Sphere
Relevant by sisterlisa, on Pix-O-Sphere Relevant by sisterlisa, on Pix-O-Sphere Relevant by sisterlisa, on Pix-O-Sphere
Relevant by sisterlisa, on Pix-O-Sphere Relevant by sisterlisa, on Pix-O-Sphere
Relevant by sisterlisa, on Pix-O-Sphere Relevant by sisterlisa, on Pix-O-Sphere Relevant by sisterlisa, on Pix-O-Sphere
Relevant by sisterlisa, on Pix-O-Sphere Relevant by sisterlisa, on Pix-O-Sphere Relevant by sisterlisa, on Pix-O-Sphere
Relevant roomies by sisterlisa, on Pix-O-Sphere Relevant by sisterlisa, on Pix-O-Sphere Relevant by sisterlisa, on Pix-O-Sphere



p.s. I got some cool ideas from the Lord to add to my blog for you to enjoy so keep an eye out for it..you can subscribe up there to the right.
signature by sisterlisa, on Pix-O-Sphere
Link up Get Related to The HomeSpun Life
My Royalty Free Shared Photos
Free Ebook for Subscribers
 

2 kind words:

Kalee October 24, 2010 at 9:32 PM  

I met you in the lobby of the hotel the first day and was blown away by your heart and how much you were willing to just put it all out there as we talked about ministry. I want you to know that I didn't know much about having a personal ministry, but suddenly something clicked for me, and I discussed some things with my husband once I got home. You amazed me. And though we didn't really have a chance to sit and talk the rest of the time I will always remember that God spoke to me through you that first day.

Kristy K October 25, 2010 at 8:41 AM  

I just wanted to drop by and say how much I appreciated what you said during the conference sessions... we attended many of the same ones on writing, and I loved hearing bits of your story. It's been so awesome to see the women behind the screen up close and personal!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP