All photos on my blog are under copyright protection by either me or my friends at
Pix-O-Sphere.
Please do not take them from my blog. If you'd like to connect with me over there, then you will have access to my album. Thank you kindly.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Mandarin Cranberry Sauce

This recipe is very simple and delicious. It was quite a hit at our Thanksgiving Feast.

Ingredients:

2 bags fresh cranberries (rinsed and drained)
8 small Mandarin oranges (fresh)
2 cups white sugar
2 cups water

cranberries by sisterlisa, on Pix-O-Sphere

Directions:

Wash Mandarin oranges, then slice into quarters. Peel off the rind, reserving one whole Mandarin rind for later. Break apart the Mandarins individually and place in a bowl in the refrigerator to chill.

Cut Mandarin rind into thin julienne strips. Place Mandarin rind strips, cranberries, 2 cups of water, and 2 cups of sugar into a pan to boil over medium high heat. Stir frequently to avoid burning. Once the mixture begins to boil, reduce heat to a low boil and continue to stir to avoid sticking to pan. Cook until the mixture resembles jelly.

Mix in the chilled Mandarin slices and refrigerate again for 1 hour to chill.

cranberry sauce by sisterlisa, on Pix-O-Sphere

signature by sisterlisa, on Pix-O-Sphere
Link up Get Related to The HomeSpun Life
My Royalty Free Shared Photos
Photo hosting, photo sharing, stock photos, Family Friendly Photo Community on Pix-O-Sphere

1 kind words:

Brandy November 25, 2010 at 5:26 PM  

Oh that looks GOOD!!! Maybe I'll give it a try next year ;-)

Just noticed your Mela Kamin widget. I JUST learned of her last week. Hoping to buy her album soon! :-)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP