All photos on my blog are under copyright protection by either me or my friends at
Pix-O-Sphere.
Please do not take them from my blog. If you'd like to connect with me over there, then you will have access to my album. Thank you kindly.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Mom Blogger Newswire

My Dear Mom Bloggers,

After what I saw how quickly the public outcry against Amazon spread from Twitterville to Facebook, then to the major media, it made me ill thinking about how much free advertising was given to an otherwise UNKNOWN book and author.

So can I ask you a simple favor? Can you please use your email next time and not support the free viral marketing that seems to be enjoyed by people like that? I'd much rather pillow my head at night, confident that my social media outlets weren't used to line their pockets and reach their target audience.

1. Don't use public platforms
2. Take it to email
3. Respectfully ask that they also not post it publicly.
4. Provide them with the contact info of the agent directly involved with handling the issue.

Lets keep the "Mom Blogger Newswire" underground ok?

Thanks.



signature by sisterlisa, on Pix-O-Sphere
Link up Get Related to The HomeSpun Life
My Royalty Free Shared Photos
Free Ebook for Subscribers


2 kind words:

Connie November 12, 2010 at 11:14 PM  

You are so right about this. I also didn't like that they called for a ban on Amazon. There are MILLIONS of people like me who sell on their platform who would have been damaged by their bad judgment.

Sometimes I think people need to take a deep breathe, stand back for a second, congregate and discuss it quietly, and work out a plan.

I can dream, huh! Thanks for the reminder and I'll take it to heart. Just glad in the end it was pulled, but who knows what else is there we don't know about. Oh, and don't look at the hashtag #twitterafterdark. It will make you NEVER want to post on Twitter again. :(

Anonymous,  November 16, 2010 at 11:20 AM  

Great information! I’ve been looking for something like this for a while now. Thanks!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP