All photos on my blog are under copyright protection by either me or my friends at
Pix-O-Sphere.
Please do not take them from my blog. If you'd like to connect with me over there, then you will have access to my album. Thank you kindly.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Redecorate the Bathroom $100 or less

My bathroom is tiny and hasn't been painted in a few years. When I went to my Aunt-In-Love's new home this last summer, I fell in love with her guest bathroom's colors and it's been on my mind ever since. My husband bought me some new towels to help refresh the look of my bathroom a bit, but it just wasn't enough. I need something different. So I asked him if we had any left over paint in a specific color. Tomorrow we are digging out the paint to see what we have and he said,

"$100 or less"

So that's my budget and I thought this project would be great for a mini blog series. That $100 doesn't include the money he already spent on the towels a couple of months ago..so we'll keep that in mind.

Here is what my bathroom currently looks like... yuck!
DSC04184 by sisterlisa, on Pix-O-Sphere

I don't know what we were thinking with that shade of blue. We're going to be toning down the colors to reveal a mellow comfortable ambiance, something cottage or vintage style..maybe a combination of both. I have a few ideas I'm kicking around in my mind, but I'd love to hear your ideas. I need to get that drawer fixed and unfortunately we won't be able to replace the cabinets with this project, so I'll have to dress up the cabinets..what do you think of a small stencil on the drawer fronts? With the kind of material they're made out of, we can't add handles. (hate that)

Just to the left of the sink is an area I cover with a curtain. So I'll need to make a new one to match.
DSC04185 by sisterlisa, on Pix-O-Sphere

 Here is why I use a curtain:

DSC04186 by sisterlisa, on Pix-O-Sphere

Now those little organizer drawers are awesome and since they are hiding behind the curtain, we'll be keeping them, but I do need to clean them all out again.

Just behind me is the commode area and as you can see, the tank lid is broken and the commode is so old that a pumice stone doesn't help. (Not to mention the old window, but we can't replace that yet either) Perhaps a window treatment to cover it up? And what clever ideas can we come up with to disguise the plunger?
DSC04189 by sisterlisa, on Pix-O-Sphere

Next, just to the right of that is the only open space we have..and the laundry basket goes there..I just moved it for the picture.
DSC04187 by sisterlisa, on Pix-O-Sphere

We like this style of shower curtain, but we do need one that will match the new color scheme.
A little more to the right and we can see that there is a small amount of space for some wall decor and that amount of space on the floor.
DSC04191 by sisterlisa, on Pix-O-Sphere

Then we have this vintage scale that I like for the look of...I don't necessarily like to stand on it though.
DSC04197 by sisterlisa, on Pix-O-Sphere
If you know of a home decor blog with some great ideas for a bathroom (or if you're one of those creative bloggers with a blog like that), please share the link with me and tell me what you like about their ideas and why you think it would be good for my bathroom. Remember, I'm on a tight budget!


Here are the towels I am keeping and I want to incorporate the red into my new color scheme.
DSC04183 by sisterlisa, on Pix-O-Sphere


So here is what I need to consider:
-A new light fixture above the sink
-A new mirror or paint the frame a different color
-A new sink and faucet (possibly clean the faucet fixtures out, instead of replacing)
-Paint
-A clever way to redo the countertop without actually replacing that.
-New fabric for curtain
-New commode
-New shower curtain
-Window treatment
-Stencils for drawer fronts (??)
-Simple wall decor (or paint frames and replace pictures inside)

{In $100 or less}

Would you like to help? I'm looking for some home decor blogs to glean ideas from! Share the links to the blogs you know of, even if it's yours. Simply leave the blog's URL or a specific blog post's URL in the comment section below.


signature by sisterlisa, on Pix-O-Sphere
Link up Get Related to The HomeSpun Life
My Royalty Free Shared Photos
Free Ebook for Subscribers










2 kind words:

Katie November 11, 2010 at 7:03 AM  

I have no good tips or links to share, but this looks like it will be a great series! :)

Christina S. November 11, 2010 at 9:49 AM  

I don't think the blue is so bad. You can easily change it to more of a country cottage theme by changing the curtain and the wall hangings.

Instead of replacing the commode, you could just replace the seat and get a cover for the lid - that would stretch your budget a bit.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP