All photos on my blog are under copyright protection by either me or my friends at
Pix-O-Sphere.
Please do not take them from my blog. If you'd like to connect with me over there, then you will have access to my album. Thank you kindly.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Through His Lens


Each time I look through the lens of my camera, I ask myself...what does He see? What if He allowed me to look through His lens? How would I view this? Do I take this beautiful world for granted when I look at it?

I have an insane jealousy for my friends who live back East that get to see tremendous colors during the Fall. I never really thought of my little town as a very colorful place...until I asked myself these questions. So, I began to drive through town a few times a week, park the van and get out for a walk...with my Sony DLSR of course. He began showing me the beauty that really is right here in my community. I just needed to look 'Through His Lens'. Just look at the photos I am now decorating my blog with. These shots are from my little town. It's all a matter of perspective.

But not only did I ask myself these questions about the beauty of the physical world, but I asked the same question about the inward world. The inward of each person and each situation in life. Am I looking 'Through His Lens' at life? It's so easy to get caught up with the busyness of life, the laundry piles, dirty dishes, and fingerprints on the wall. But how does He view all this? I believe He looks beyond all that and straight into the heart. I believe He looks beyond the dirty laundry at the children who enjoyed jumping in the Autumn leaf piles. He looks beyond the dirty dishes to see the happiness communing over the dinner table. I believe He sees those fingerprints on the wall and says, "Enjoy those fingerprints, they grow up so fast."

Am I looking 'Through His Lens'? 

Each Sunday I am going to host a meme so we can all link up to how He led us to look 'Through His Lens' whether it's through articles about family, faith, friends, or photography. You can link up anything you had that week where you looked 'Through His Lens'..or maybe you're having a difficult time looking through His lens that week and you post something you'd like encouragement for..from our bloggy friends.

I hope you'll join me and spread the word. You can grab the button and link to the week's post you're participating in, or add the button to your blog's sidebar and link to this post. If you're a free member at Pix-O-Sphere you can add me as a friend and copy the button directly to your account

If you tweet about your entry can you consider using this hashtag so others can join in? #ThruHisLens

And would you kindly tweet about this upcoming meme today so others can hear about it? You can use this text..it's simple..just copy, paste and Tweet. Thank you so much.

Through His Lens new photo/faith meme on Sundays
#ThruHisLens http://bit.ly/i9STY Join us! @thehomespunlife




signature by sisterlisa, on Pix-O-Sphere
Link up Get Related to The HomeSpun Life
My Royalty Free Shared Photos
Free Ebook for Subscribers




0 kind words:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP