All photos on my blog are under copyright protection by either me or my friends at
Pix-O-Sphere.
Please do not take them from my blog. If you'd like to connect with me over there, then you will have access to my album. Thank you kindly.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Christmas Decor Photography

The leaves have dropped to the cold stone ground, the tree limbs are bare and moist with the dew of the early winter fog. So the beauty is now inside the home and I'm sharing photos of my Christmas over at Pix-O-Sphere. I added some for sale, but most of them are shared so you can enjoy them for your own blogs. Here are just a few of my favorites.. (including my new header photo)

santa claus by sisterlisa, on Pix-O-Sphere


gold angel by sisterlisa, on Pix-O-Sphere

gingerbread pop and son by sisterlisa, on Pix-O-Sphere

I'll be sharing more in the upcoming days. But in the mean time here are some tips for getting indoor shots in low lighting.

Flash: I don't use my flash. The reason why is because it creates hard shadows.
Tungsten: I set my camera to the Tungsten setting. Different cameras will have varying settings under this. In my camera I'm able to set it as -3 for less yellowing in my photos.

Exposure: I increase my exposure to just between 1 and 2 depending on how dark the area of my home is.
Hold Still: I brace my elbows against my side and lean against a wall or furniture to keep my body as still as possible. If you have a tri-pod I recommend you use that.
Macro: I set my camera to the macro setting (usually indicating by a tulip icon)

It usually takes me a few shots and adjusting of my settings to get it just right, but then I have it set and snap away! Be sure to reset your settings when you're done with your session. This will set your camera back to auto.

Have you taken any photos of your holiday decor yet?


signature by sisterlisa, on Pix-O-Sphere
Link up Get Related to The HomeSpun Life
My Royalty Free Shared Photos
Photo hosting, photo sharing, stock photos, Family Friendly Photo Community on Pix-O-Sphere

1 kind words:

Sue December 2, 2010 at 11:48 AM  

Soooo pretty! I'm finally getting my very first DSLR camera for Christmas and can't wait to try out your great tip. :)

Blessings to you,
Sue
The Homeschool Chick

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP