All photos on my blog are under copyright protection by either me or my friends at
Pix-O-Sphere.
Please do not take them from my blog. If you'd like to connect with me over there, then you will have access to my album. Thank you kindly.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Monday, January 24, 2011

Homeschool Mother's Journal

The Homeschool Chick Sue at The Homeschool Chick is now hosting a weekly Homeschool Mother's Journal.. So fun! I'm late getting in on this one, but here it goes..

In my life this week...
I became busier with Pix-O-Sphere as I'm now planning a photo contest AND the Family Blog Network. But I'm so excited about it.



In our homeschool this week...
Gina is learning about poetry, Timmy continues to do math in his head.. I hope to get him to actually WRITE it down at some point. Monica wants a different Math book :/ They are all working on a new curriculum that builds vocabulary, which they really seem to be enjoying called Dynamic Literacy, which we are using and reviewing soon! They even offered our readers a discount code and I look forward to sharing more about them with you soon.


Places we're going and people we're seeing...
This week we will be taking advantage of the sunshine and warmer weather by going for photo walks downtown. There are some old buildings with great architecture that I'd like for them to see and study. Studying architectural designs is fascinating.

My favorite thing this week was...
Seeing Monica get excited about Dynamic Literacy's books for word building.

What's working/not working for us...
Dynamic Literacy is working for us. We have difficulty with Gina (who has Asperger's) in Math so we have incorporated counting money into her day and she seems to learn Math better that way. I wish I could find the Math workbooks I had as a kid in public school. I don't even know what they're called, but they had lots of picture illustrations with money. They seemed to work for me and I wish I could find the exact same ones for her.

Homeschool questions/thoughts I have...
When will my 8 yr old son like to write? He's incredibly smart, but hates writing.


A photo to share...
These Daffodils are from a previous year, but they're about to bloom again EARLY, which I'm not thrilled about, because I think this is a fake early Spring we're having and sometimes the blooms die off too soon.
daffodils by sisterlisa, on Pix-O-Sphere

Come link up with us!
signature by sisterlisa, on Pix-O-Sphere
Link up Get Related to The HomeSpun Life
My Royalty Free Shared Photos
Photo hosting, photo sharing, stock photos, Family Friendly Photo Community on Pix-O-Sphere

2 kind words:

Sue January 24, 2011 at 5:11 PM  

Beautiful photo! I just love yellow flowers. :)

My son really hated writing until we started the Institute for Excellence in Writing program. It changed everything for us in such a positive way! Writing is now one of my son's favorite subjects and I can hardly believe it.

Thank you so much for joining me on the journey this week, Lisa. You are such an encouragement in so many ways!!!

Blessings to you,
Sue :)

Tonya @ Live the Adventure January 25, 2011 at 8:54 AM  

My oldest son was reluctant to write when he was younger. When we began traveling I required that each child keep a journal and surprisingly, he was the only one that continues. He's even talking about writing a book now.

My husband and I spent the day downtown this past weekend so I could take some pictures of a new sculpture trail that was recently installed. Wouldn't you know my batteries died as soon as we got there? I was so bummed. We still took our time noticing all the things that we miss when the downtown area is swamped with the weekday crowds. Definitely heading back later in the week.

Blessings! :)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP