All photos on my blog are under copyright protection by either me or my friends at
Pix-O-Sphere.
Please do not take them from my blog. If you'd like to connect with me over there, then you will have access to my album. Thank you kindly.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Reaping in the Blogosphere

I've been thinking about this principle that is often taught in various churches and homeschool groups. What goes around, comes around. Karma. It can go either way? Dish out negativity, reap negativity. Shower others with love, reap love. Isn't this how it works? I wonder if anyone else struggles with wondering when you will reap. Is it just me? Is it the flesh in me that wonders...when will I see the reaping of the kindnesses I have shown?

Does reaping come back through those you have sown love and kindness into? Or maybe it comes around in other ways, at other times, and through other people. Maybe we misunderstand this concept and perhaps this is why we become so hurt when those we sowed into, dump on us..or expect large substantial amounts of money when you ask for some help when you need it. Give a little, get a little. Two way street. 

I gave freely, now that I need help, you charge me money? Seriously?

Oh boy...sigh*** yep I'm about to rant.
Maybe others think this and are just far more gracious than I am and they never speak up.

How many of us bloggers have fully supported new blog endeavors for our bloggy friends? How many of us hosted buttons on our blogs to help spread the word about new blogs, new businesses, group blogs, online conferences, Ning sites, etc? How many of us? We supported group blogs galore and then when one of us has something great to introduce they ask for money? And a lot of money at that!

$600 a month for a 125x125 ad? Are you kidding me?
$1000 to put a link in a newsletter ONE TIME? Seriously?
wish I had more by sisterlisa, on Pix-O-Sphere
Hey there you mega bloggers, don't forget how you got where you are today. Don't forget your readers who promoted you for FREE!

Why has money become such a huge hindrance in the blogosphere?
Doesn't anyone trade anymore?
Swap links to help be supportive?

If you have AT&T who wants to advertise with you, GREAT! Charge $1000 a month. But start up companies who supported YOU when you first got started? Seriously? Did you have $1000 to pay out when YOU started?

And for those wealthy vendors out there..stop cheap skating the bloggers when you can AFFORD to pay $1000 a month.

Forgive me...I'm just being real here.

Anyone else want to join in with me on creating a network to help promote each other's endeavors? We'll reap and sow together.. for free.



signature by sisterlisa, on Pix-O-Sphere
Link up Get Related to The HomeSpun Life
My Royalty Free Shared Photos
Photo hosting, photo sharing, stock photos, Family Friendly Photo Community on Pix-O-Sphere

4 kind words:

Christina January 11, 2011 at 5:56 PM  

I've been blogging for a long time, and this very thing, money/fame hunger, and a lack of recipication is why I grew so discouraged, and stopped blogging for 2 years. It was tough to put work into social media, and companies try to take advantage, or ppl once that grow. Just sigh. I understand your frustration.
Christina

The Proverbs Wife January 12, 2011 at 8:20 AM  

This sounds like a great idea. I'd love to be part of a group like this. Keep me posted.

Spogden January 12, 2011 at 8:27 AM  

I am there with you! Lets build a support network.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP