All photos on my blog are under copyright protection by either me or my friends at
Pix-O-Sphere.
Please do not take them from my blog. If you'd like to connect with me over there, then you will have access to my album. Thank you kindly.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

About Blogging

I have been writing about the things I have learned about blogging for a few years here at The HomeSpun Life.  I learned most of it by trial and error. I have made many mistakes and learned along the way while continuing to read other blogs that teach about social media, blog ethics, and conflict resolution. I have studied several aspects of social dynamics since 1994 within families, community, churches, business, and the blogosphere. I'm also a certified counselor for addictions recovery and PTSD with several years experience counseling folks who come out of abusive relationships.

I don't consider myself an expert in the blogosphere, however I do share the things I have done that has hurt myself as a blogger and things that others have been hurt by as well. I don't name intricate details or names out of respect for those who have repented of their deeds. My daughter says, "You live, learn, and blog." Every bit of blog advice out there is due to someone living through an experience then writing to tell what to do and what not to do. If you're a person of faith, you may see that throughout the Bible as prophets wrote about their encounters with the enemies of God. 

Everyone deserves the chance to reconcile and move on peacefully without their name being spewed out all over the Internet. Even Jonah, David, and Saul(Paul) were able to repent and move on to do great things for God and their nations. Be cautious of spreading names around and of those who try  to suck you in. Not only does it hurt them and the people they tell, but they're really hurting themselves in the long run. Even if someone blogs about you and deletes it, it remains in the Google cache and that's no good for anyone.

I have been in some intense dialogue on blog comment sections that I have learned a lot from and some that made me look ridiculous when the author refused to publish my comments that actually clarified what I had meant. That was left on the blog with a notice that she had no further discussion with me, which was not true.  I have the screen shots to prove that I did indeed comment and they left it in moderation. Was it going to do anyone any bit of good to blog that screen shot? Probably not, so I walked away. My partial comment is probably still lingering in their archives, but it wasn't worth it for me to pursue it any further.

Everyone ends up getting burned at one time or another and it's always best to handle things discreetly to the best of your ability before going to the mom blogger newswire for help. Even when you feel it's time to do that, you must tread cautiously. Seek wise counsel from seasoned bloggers who you can trust. In my opinion, it should only be used as a LAST RESORT.

We all enjoy the online community for different reasons, but we're all a part of this human population on earth with a desire to be happy and pursue our dreams. Think twice before you use your audience to smear other bloggers.

Some visitors who were new to my blog this week had assumed I posted my article yesterday about something specific. However, that was not a one time article for me on this topic. I have written about blogging dynamics numerous times.

The Warning

Blog Pyramid Schemes

Hard Core Blog Advice

Inspiration vs. Stealing

Reaping in the Blogosphere

Blogging My Me Time

Mom Blogger Newswire


Are Giveaways a 3 Ring Circus?

PMS Blogging Syndrome

Ruin Your Blog in 5 Easy Steps

Are We on the Same Team?

I know you're probably wondering when I'm going to get around to launching The Family Blog Network, I'm working on it! It's going to be a network of bloggers who are interested in building relationships. The focus is not going to be for monetary gain, although that will come in time. The reason it will come in time is because it takes time to build solid relationships for a blog to become a business. Get your blog started with a good foundation of friendship, integrity, and go through some trials together as a community to come forth as gold. Every trial you go through will show what you're made of. Use every difficult thing in the blogosphere to refine you and rise above it.






signature by sisterlisa, on Pix-O-Sphere
Link up Get Related to The HomeSpun Life
My Royalty Free Shared Photos


Photo hosting, photo sharing, stock photos, Family Friendly Photo Community on Pix-O-Sphere

0 kind words:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP