All photos on my blog are under copyright protection by either me or my friends at
Pix-O-Sphere.
Please do not take them from my blog. If you'd like to connect with me over there, then you will have access to my album. Thank you kindly.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Encouragement for Goal Setting

The third Friday of each month of 3 in 30 is for encouraging words. What encouraging words helped me with my goals over the last week? The most encouraging thing said to me was from my husband when he said, "Surprise! I'm taking you on a trip to Carmel, Ca for our 19th anniversary." Literally..a surprise with less than 5 minutes to pack.

My desk was cleaned off before we left, but I hadn't gotten out for a walk last week due to my injured hip, but in Carmel, we did a lot of walking and even some hiking. Good thing we brought the Tylenol along. So now I'm back home trying to catch up, but I'm allowing myself some grace in getting back to my routines.

Ann Voskamp by sisterlisa, on Pix-O-SphereI read several chapters of Ann Voskamp's book on this trip, out loud..to my husband. We loved it! We loved reading about Ann's revelation of Christ in her life. It resembled so much of what God had been revealing to us this past year as well. Something she says often..her Farmer reminds her of..'allow yourself some grace'. Perfection isn't the goal, living life wide awake and enjoying this life Christ gave us is the goal. I'll never forget the advice an old friend said once, "I don't think God cares if my underwear drawer is super organized or not." For me..I think He is looking for us to enjoy life, enjoy our families, and love others.

Having a tidy home alleviates added frustrations, but if we become too legalistic about it we could miss out on life.

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." Ferris Bueller

Here are some of my favorite photos from my trip. I'll be blogging more about the places we visited while we were there..but over at the Pix-O-Sphere Blog in the upcoming weeks in the Travel-Sphere series.
bay waves by sisterlisa, on Pix-O-Sphere

carmel Ca bay by sisterlisa, on Pix-O-Sphere


west coast sunset by sisterlisa, on Pix-O-Sphere


I'm sharing many of my photos from Carmel in my Pix-O-Sphere Gallery so you can use them on your blogs. See you there. {it's FREE to join}

So how are you doing in your goal setting this week? Be sure to hop over to Ashley or Meghan's blogs to get linked up!
signature by sisterlisa, on Pix-O-Sphere
Link up Get Related to The HomeSpun Life
My Royalty Free Shared Photos
Photo hosting, photo sharing, stock photos, Family Friendly Photo Community on Pix-O-Sphere

10 kind words:

Sonita February 17, 2011 at 7:38 PM  

So true! I sometimes get caught up in my perfectionism and find myself not enjoying life. It's good to be reminded, God doesn't expect us to be perfect!

Michelle February 17, 2011 at 8:53 PM  

I loved Carmel, Ca. It is so peaceful. What a gift your husband gave you. Thank you for the reminder to look around. I love that quote from Ferris Buhler. It's very true.

dressmytruth February 17, 2011 at 8:53 PM  

How interesting that we both mentioned her book in our blogs this week!

The trip sounds wonderful and the pics are so beautiful.

Jeanine

MommaKristi February 18, 2011 at 1:15 AM  

Great Ferris Buehler quote...love that!!
Oh my is 1000 gifts amazing or what!!? I love it!!!
And good for you for having your desk cleaned off before you left!! Woot woot!!!

Laura Starnes February 18, 2011 at 8:39 AM  

LOVE the Ferris quote! I never think to look at movies for encouraging words...I'm sure there are many more out there. =)

Congrats on the nice surprise from the hubby! Keep up the good work.

Lynda February 18, 2011 at 11:59 AM  

Ann's book is a very encouraging book to read. I have not given myself enough time this week to read more than one chapter. It is so full of golden nuggets, and it is a feast for the soul.

You have a wonderful husband to give you such a great surprise. Have a blessed last week of February.

Jen February 18, 2011 at 12:43 PM  

bless youre hubby
wonderful photos :)

Janet Rose February 18, 2011 at 12:55 PM  

Nothing like Ferris Bueller to give us perspective! :) Good job at your goals this week. Hope your hip continues to heal quickly.

Hope Wilbanks February 19, 2011 at 2:32 AM  

What a wonderful surprise!!! Gorgeous pics....thanks for sharing! :)

Undeserving Grace February 19, 2011 at 4:33 AM  

Great pictures...they me want to enjoy some fresh air and take some deep breaths! It would take awhile to get back into my routine...i'm one those that will live out of the suitcase for a week after returning home.lol. thanks for sharing some inspiration! Check out my encouraging words when you get a chance :)
{tara} from Undeserving Grace

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP