All photos on my blog are under copyright protection by either me or my friends at
Pix-O-Sphere.
Please do not take them from my blog. If you'd like to connect with me over there, then you will have access to my album. Thank you kindly.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Goal Check Up

Since blogging and social media has become a full time job for me I needed a good kick in the rear to stay focused on some of the simplest things that tend to go undone. 

Like, keeping my desk clean:  I made a goal for February to keep it cleaned up daily. I've done a pretty good job. I keep it tidy every day and then a couple times a week I dust. Here's the after photo..there's no way I'm showing a before photo. 

Old things are put away, my desk has become new. :)
My desk has seen it's salvation day!

desk by sisterlisa, on Pix-O-Sphere

Is your desk tidy and dusted?
Any tips on KEEPING it this way? ;)

Walking Daily: I also made it a goal to walk daily.. I failed. I walked a little, but I pulled a muscle in my hip trying Zumba and now I don't feel 38, I feel 83. So I have to take this slowly, but I'm not giving up.

Schedule Bills: I did get all my bills scheduled though. That was my other goal. I used the calendar system on my computer and set reminders for one week before the due dates. I also set them for repeat so they'll continue for several more months.

I entered my photo in the 3in30 tag at Pix-O-Sphere. Who knows, someone might want to use that photo some day in an article of their own for another reason. You never know how many times your photo can be used. It's a great way to network with the simplest types of pictures.

Come join the rest of us in the 3 in 30 goal setting. You can get linked up with Ashley and Meghan.

signature by sisterlisa, on Pix-O-Sphere
Link up Get Related to The HomeSpun Life
My Royalty Free Shared Photos
Photo hosting, photo sharing, stock photos, Family Friendly Photo Community on Pix-O-Sphere

9 kind words:

Certified Holistic Health Practitioner February 10, 2011 at 10:40 PM  

Your desk looks great! My desk is the kitchen table, but I do have a console (guess that's what it is) that I use for work stuff and it's where I put my laptop every night before I go to bed.

Good job with your goals this week!

Jeanine
http://dressmytruth.blogspot.com

Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads February 11, 2011 at 12:50 AM  

Sorry to hear about the injury. Zumba looks like it could be fun once you get the hang of it. I have a feeling it might take me a little while to get the hang of it. lol!

Feel better soon!

Kristi February 11, 2011 at 2:43 AM  

If you're hurt then you need the rest!! Were you planning on walking outside? I have some walking away the pounds videos that I really like (and they're really low impact)...I'd totally recommend them!!

I think next month I'm going to make a goal of cleaning my desk area (which is really the kitchen counter) but I'd like to clean out my upper cupboards so I have a landing zone for stuff!! Eager to hear if you have tips to pass along!!

Hope Wilbanks February 11, 2011 at 3:25 AM  

Your desk looks better than mine! I'm working at *trying* to clean my off every couple of days, but with so many notebooks, pens, notes, paperwork...it's hard! :) I do my best, though, to keep the space right in front of me cleared b/c I do writing by hand a lot, for notetaking and jotting down thoughts, so I need a space where I can quickly flop open a notebook and write.

Love that you've joined us in our #3in30 mission!! :)

Aurie February 11, 2011 at 3:55 AM  

Good morning! Visiting from 3in30 and you've made great progress!!
I
'm sorry that you hurt a bit after trying Zumba....I tried it in the fall, and any grace that I may have had in high school/college has left me :)

Have a great weekend!!

Lynda February 11, 2011 at 7:19 AM  

If you find any answers to the clean desk please share. Once a month I bull-doze to get to the keyboard. lol

One hint for the walking is to move things across the room from where you really use them. I put my cookbooks on the bookshelf in the farthest corner of my livingroom. When I walk over to get one I smile at the additional steps I have added to my exercise for the day.

Thank you for sponsoring the challenge this month, and have a great week.

Selena February 11, 2011 at 7:54 AM  

Looks like you had a very productive week. That's great.

Samantha February 11, 2011 at 9:27 AM  

Great job! I love things that stay clean! Speaking of...off to clean so I can tackle the last few cabinets!

Janet Rose February 13, 2011 at 11:32 AM  

When someone shares the secret to a dust and clutter free desk, please pass it on my way. :) Your goals sound great and you're doing a great job at getting them accomplished. I hurt my back a little while back and totally agree about feeling 83...in fact my 90 year old grandpa walked better than I did at that point. Hope you feel better. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving encouraging words!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP